Veneers at Brookview Dental
How Dental Veneers Work
As their name implies, most veneers are made of a custom designed razor thin layer of porcelain, which is bonded directly onto the surface of your tooth and molded to achieve the desired size and shape. In some cases, a thin layer of enamel may have to be removed to ensure a natural and smooth fit. Porcelain closely matches the color and texture of a natural tooth, making veneers a highly effective but subtle treatment for the cosmetic imperfections that diminish a smile over time.
How Porcelain Veneers Can Improve Your Smile
Veneers can correct mild to moderate size, shape, spacing and stains and discoloration problems caused by trauma or as a side effect of certain medications. The most common uses for porcelain veneers include:
- Correct mild or moderate chips and cracks
- Close small gaps and alignment issues (significant spacing and bite problems may require orthodontic treatment)
- Change the size or shape of uneven teeth
- Seal a tooth after root canal therapy
- Whiten intrinsic stains and discolorations that can't be removed with professional teeth whitening treatments
When you choose porcelain veneers, you have chosen the high-tech way to create a beautiful smile. You will enjoy many benefits with porcelain veneers because:
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant and will remain beautifully white for years to come
- Veneer treatment is conservative because very little tooth surface needs to be removed
- Porcelain veneers are natural-looking due to their translucent quality just like your natural teeth
- They look delicate, but they are strong and durable and will last for many years with proper care
Veneers may be the perfect solution for you if you want to correct aesthetic issues with your front teeth. For more information on porcelain veneers or to make an appointment call your dentists at Brookview Dental, Connecticut at (203) 426-5260. Call today and find out more about porcelain veneers!