Veneers in Newton, CT - Brookview Dental LLC
How Dental Veneers Work
As their name implies, most veneers are made of a custom designed razor thin layer of porcelain, which is bonded directly onto the surface of your tooth and molded to achieve the desired size and shape. In some cases, a thin layer of enamel may have to be removed to ensure a natural and smooth fit. Porcelain closely matches the color and texture of a natural tooth, making veneers a highly effective but subtle treatment for the cosmetic imperfections that diminish a smile over time.
How Porcelain Veneers Can Improve Your Smile
Veneers can correct mild to moderate size, shape, spacing and stains and discoloration problems caused by trauma or as a side effect of certain medications. The most common uses for porcelain veneers include:
- Correct mild or moderate chips and cracks
- Close small gaps and alignment issues (significant spacing and bite problems may require orthodontic treatment)
- Change the size or shape of uneven teeth
- Seal a tooth after root canal therapy
- Whiten intrinsic stains and discolorations that can't be removed with professional teeth whitening treatments
When you choose porcelain veneers, you have chosen the high-tech way to create a beautiful smile.
You will enjoy many benefits with porcelain veneers because:
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant and will remain beautifully white for years to come
- Veneer treatment is conservative because very little tooth surface needs to be removed
- Porcelain veneers are natural-looking due to their translucent quality just like your natural teeth
- They look delicate, but they are strong and durable and will last for many years with proper care